Youtube is a social media platform that is currently global, the number of interesting videos from tutorials to the latest news makes YouTube a place to find information that is of great interest to social media users.
But besides that, Youtube can also be used as a place to make money, and now there are many who want to try to find their fortune in getting money from Youtube by becoming a YouTuber.
That’s why we have selected several ways that you can try to become a YouTuber, here is the explanation:
- Build Interaction with the Audience
On YouTube, you can connect with the community and have the opportunity to make money while doing what you love. Creators around the world can voice their opinions on YouTube, and many have turned interest into income. Successful creators usually have more than one revenue stream to support their presence on this platform.
By understanding the various factors that affect monetization, you can plan a channel strategy to support your goals. If you are relatively new to using YouTube, first you need to consider how to create good content that will be watched consistently, and try different strategies to grow your community, to maximize your chances of making money.
With loyal viewers who are part of your channel, you can explore various ways to generate income, such as from advertising and other sources. YouTube will show you how to get started and where to find out more.
- Join the YouTube Partner Program
The YouTube Partner Program (YPP) allows creators to monetize their eligible content on YouTube. Creators can register for the program in the following countries. You need to complete the 4 steps below before you can earn money on YouTube.
Step 1: Read and agree to the YouTube Partner Program terms. After logging into YouTube, open YouTube Studio and select “Monetization” from the menu on the left. Under “Monetization”, follow the on-screen guide to accept the YouTube Partner Program Terms.
Step 2: Sign up for AdSense. Create a new AdSense account or connect an existing account to your channel. You need an AdSense account to make money from your videos and receive payments. Set up an AdSense account.
Step 3: Set monetization preferences. Next, set the type of ad that you want to appear on the video, then confirm that you want to monetize all current and future videos. You can change this setting in the future.
Step 4: Request a review. Once your channel reaches the program threshold, YouTube will review your application for registration to ensure that your channel activity complies with the Partner Program policies, YouTube Terms of Service and YouTube Community Guidelines. You can check the status on your account.
To get a YouTube Partner Program review, your channel must have a minimum of 4,000 watch hours over the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. Through these requirements, YouTube can properly evaluate new channels and help protect the creator community from spammers, impersonators and other bad actors.
- How to make money from your channel
There are a number of ways to make money from your channel. If you’ve been approved to join the YouTube Partner Program (and comply with the YouTube Partner Program policies), you can explore these monetization options. Consider the revenue stream best suited for your channel based on your content, audience and preferences.
For most channels, advertising can be a significant part of revenue. Here are a few things to consider if you want to maximize potential ad revenue:
- If you have enabled monetization on your channel, you can earn more revenue if you monetize all future uploads and activate all ad formats as the default setting. Find out how ads are shown on videos that you monetize.
- Your videos must follow our advertiser-friendly content guidelines. In addition, the monetization status is determined by various factors such as video metadata (thumbnail, title, tags and description). Learn more.
- Some advertisers may use the targeting feature to determine where their ads will appear. With this feature, advertisers can reach the audience they want to reach based on their demographics, interests or past interactions with the video.
- Some videos don’t violate YouTube policies, but may not be suitable for all audiences. In some cases, the YouTube review team may age-restrict, and age-restricted videos cannot be monetized. Learn more.
If you upload videos with controversial or sensitive topics, you may need to disable ads on certain videos, so that you can exclude certain videos from monetization because they are not suitable for advertisers but are still in the YouTube Partner Program.
If your channel as a whole is not suitable for advertising due to the nature of the content, you can disable ads and use any other monetization options that are eligible for you.